It can be uncertain when you are trying to conceive, and when you do home tests you want to know that it works effectively. When you are planning to become a parent you don’t want to spend time guessing about what tests are telling you and if can trust the results. It can easily become very expensive.
We are here to help, in this review we will give you some more information about Generation Guard’s pregnancy and ovulation test kit. We will give you an overview of what this kit features. We will also go over the pros and cons of these tests so you can get a clear idea if this will work for you.
This test kit from Generation Guard includes fifty ovulation test strips and twenty pregnancy test strips. It boasts 99 percent accuracy and has been approved by the FDA. It is designed for early pregnancy detection so you don’t have to wait until you miss a period.
It is fast acting so you will have results within three short minutes. The pack also contains ovulation test strips so you can keep track of your cycle more accurately when you want to conceive.
Let’s take a closer look at what these tests offer and how they measure up.
Table Of Contents
- It has an accuracy of 99 percent
- It has been approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration)
- It is designed for the early detection of pregnancy, even before you miss a period
- The pregnancy test can detect hCG levels from 25mIU/ml
- The Ovulation test strips detect the levels of LH and the surge that indicates ovulation
- It is fast acting and easy to use
- Results are visible in 3 minutes
- It is a combo pack with 20 pregnancy tests and 50 ovulation test strips
- The packaging is simple yet effective
- The tests are labeled distinctly and clearly so you won’t get confused between the two
- Each test is individually wrapped
- These strips work easily and are simply dipped in a urine sample
- There are clear instructions included
- The pregnancy test is actually quite sensitive
- The price is really low for the amount of tests
- The ovulation strips take a bit longer than the described time to give accurate results
- Better instructions are needed for the ovulation (LH) tests
- The lines are not always very visible
- The pregnancy test varies in accuracy if you test very early, it becomes more accurate after you miss a period
- The ovulation test strips may tend to get evaporation lines
From the moment you receive these tests they try to make a good impression. The packaging is simple, yet well organized and effective. These test strips work as dip tests that you dip into a urine sample. The package contains good amount of test, especially for the price.
The pregnancy test and ovulation test are clearly marked differently so they are easy to distinguish. The instructions for the pregnancy test is very clear and easy to follow.
These tests are also really reasonably priced, especially when you take into account the amount of tests that are included. Depending on how you track your cycle, these tests can actually supply you for quite some time.
In the spirit of fairness, as there are always positive or negative results, we won’t only stay with the good things. On the more negative side, the ovulation strips take a while longer than the promised 3 minutes to show accurate results.
The ovulation tests (that read LH) can also do with better instructions, because you need to take into account where in your cycle you are and that you need to test after 10 am or even after noon to get the best results.
The ovulation strips, and sometimes some of the pregnancy strips, can get evaporation lines. The result lines can also be quite light in some cases, so check carefully if you see one or two lines. One line means only the control test activated and it is a negative result.
The main thing to remember here, is that if you are new to ovulation test strips, they can seem a bit more complicated than a straightforward home pregnancy test. But once you know how to track your cycle and when to test, the results will be quite accurate.
In our opinion the positives outweigh the negatives with these tests.
When it comes to planning a family, there are already many things you can worry about. The test that should help you confirm if you are on your way to becoming a parent should not be one of them.
Remember that for a positive result you need to see two lines, even if they are faint. It is actually as simple as that. The generation guard pack with pregnancy tests and ovulation tests offers really good value for money. On the whole it is very easy to use and gives accurate results.
Take the time to carefully check when and how to test your LH levels with the ovulation tests, as these can be a little more complicated to get right immediately. The pregnancy test has a high level of accuracy especially for a less expensive one.
We can really recommend these tests. They are well packaged and are quite accurate for basic dip tests. They give you results within a few quick minutes so you can know where you stand. As with any home medical test, if you are still unsure after a long time, and mixed results, talk to your doctor.
These tests can be used by those of you who are scientific about the way you track your cycle and ovulation, but can also be used by the less scientific women out there. Hopefully this review has cleared up weather Generation Guard’s test will be useful for you as you try to conceive. Good luck with your exciting journey.
You may also be interested in ...